Return to VNFAWING.com Website Return to Main Forum Index PageReturn to VNFAWING.com Website
:: Forum Index :: Zephyrnet Forums :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Groups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
FAF Korea release update...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    VNFAWING.com Forum Index -> FAF General Support Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DukeB-120th

Developer/Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote
Summer Vac!

Lots and lots of testing time!!!!!! Twisted Evil

FAF Beta Tester
MIL Forums Moderator
O-Club Forum Moderator
Flight Lobby Skin Developer
FAF & FA-2 Testers Forum Moderator
VNFAWING.com Duke's Desk Column
PostMon May 2 23:48:08 2005
Jackal

FAF Beta Tester

CAG Hotshot wrote:
Thanks Jackal... Very Happy

Testing will be the last week of June thru July 3rd, 2005...

CAG out..

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

FAF / FA-2 Beta Tester
--------------------------
Nassiryja. We won't forget!
"Nei secoli fedele"
("In the ages Faithful", Italian Arma dei Carabinieri's motto)
PostTue May 3 6:17:37 2005
CAG Hotshot

Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster

UPDATE: Progress continues on getting FAF Korea 2008 released before the end of this year. I am working alone right now to fix the final bugs to get a usable version up for download.

I am still waiting on a few things, like a workable F-2 FM from Kap, and some additional online testing with Duke (when he has time as he has started his 2nd year of college)...

However I am still hopeful I can kick this pig and get'er done!

Look for more updates in the next weeks...

CAG out...
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Fri Oct 10 13:42:54 2008; edited 1 time in total
PostSat Oct 4 14:23:09 2008
Jackal

FAF Beta Tester

CAG,

you can count on this, and also on all I even could help.

FAF / FA-2 Beta Tester
"Nei secoli fedele"
PostFri Oct 10 8:49:50 2008
Snake

Researcher/Moderator

Just want to second Jackal here - I'm pretty busy but should be able to put in an hour or two per week with whatever is needed. I'm happy to help get FA Futures 2008 released as quickly as possible.
PostMon Oct 13 7:28:51 2008
CAG Hotshot

Thanks Guys! I will be contacting you both when I need the help. No more then 1 or 2 hours of flight time, most likely alot less...

Thanks again and have a good one! Very Happy

CAG out...
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostMon Oct 13 13:16:39 2008
CAG Hotshot

Well I tried to make my January release date, but I just dont have the time to get everything completed...

Many break thoughs have been made. Very large libraries have been created with excellent stability and duplicate items have been removed, but work on the maps and scenery items, as well as final tweaks on skins and shapes remain to be completed.

In addition, I still have to overcome the MM file CTD in multiplayer and I am waiting on a few more FMs from Kap plus I have lost my Beta Tester, Duke...

So I will try as hard as I can to get this released in February and I think I can do it, though I might require additional online testing from Snake or some one else, prior to release...

I will keep you all informed of future release news when its available...
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostThu Jan 22 21:20:20 2009
CAG Hotshot

Work is continuing, but I am just stumped as to why the free flight launch button always CTDs from the referrence section. I just cant seem to isolate why that error is occurring. Its a stand alone (singleplayer) error and its been a problem since swithing to XP...
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostSun Jan 25 4:59:03 2009
HooT_77th

FAF Beta Tester

Hey CAG, I am always available to help you with tests flights! I dont have a clue on the ins and outs of modding but if you need a wingman for things I have lots of time at the moment. As a matter of fact Ive been gaming the hell out of Fa Korea 2003 the last few weeks lol.

Add me to Msn if you wish hootjvfs AT hotmail DOT com
PostFri Feb 13 21:30:37 2009
CAG Hotshot

Hoot I will put you on the list. I do have alot of testing still to do, but I have to finish some additional work first.

I will let all you guys know when the next testing window will be...

Thanks!

CAG out...
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostFri Feb 13 21:55:20 2009
Jackal

FAF Beta Tester

Always ready on the cat, CAG. Cool

FAF / FA-2 Beta Tester
"Nei secoli fedele"
PostSat Feb 14 6:10:11 2009
CAG Hotshot

*** - This list is off the top of my head, and I am sure I have missed some things, but it will give you all an understanding of what remains...

I will complete the remainder of all scenery items this weekend, along with the final shapes and skins for all remaining vehicles...

Then I will implement the new MM files (single player and multiplayer) on the FAF Korea map.

Once this is completed I will finalize the remaining FAF maps and get their Terrains and elevations completed.

Next weekend I will complete the final MM files for these other maps and then build the new large libraries for beta testing...

Hopefully Duke or Snake will have time next weekend to help me test...

The following weekends I will complete the remainder of shape changes on the unfinsihed aircraft for FAF Korea 2009...

I have to finish the following...

1. Complete full length flaps on F/A-18 C/D/E/F. Right now only finished on starboard wing.
2. Correct flap error on AN-2 biplane. Right now the upper wing dissappears when you activate the flaps.
3. Complete improved wing on U-2. Right now only the starboard wing has been completed.
4. Complete new skinning of all Flanker series. Right now the new skins are not completed and have not been remaped to the shapes. Also delete the canards on the far shapes on the Su-27/J-11 shapes. This will not be easy as the Su35b base shape doesnt show in the shape color editor, so I will only be able to observe changes while "in game".
5. Complete IR sensor, nose cannon, or SEAD nose pod on all F-4 Phantom II Ds, Es, and Gs. So far no work has been done on these yet, but I will do the same solution I did for the IR/camera pod on the nose of the F-14s.
6. Reskin the improved MiG-23 shape from ATF with new high resolution skins. Right now this shape still has the terrible default ATF skin layout.
7. Correct the incorrect skin on the flaps lower skin and eliminate the unskinned area of the lower wing on the Typhoon shape. This shape also will not work in the shape color editor so this work will also be slow "in game" editing.
8. Completed unfinished UH-1 Huey shape. Correct the to long fuselage from the blackhawk original shape and correct the engine layout. This was one of my 1st new shapes and I didnt fully understant the layout when I did this shape originally and can now correct that failure.
9. Fix the MiG-29 shape CTD due to incorrect polygon shaping in that shape. There are ares where the polgons fail to meet or overlap and this causes "see thru" sections fo the fuselage forcing the game to render the areas you can see thru these holes, when the game is not expecting to render them, thus causing the CTDs.
10. Build an all new F-22 shape and high res skin from the F-15 Eagle shape. This is the biggest pain. The existing F-22 shape has to many problems to use it, to many unskinned polygons and an absolutely terrible cockpit canopy layout that renders the default shape useless.
11. Fix the canopy error on the A-10 shape and add the new high rez skins. Right now the default A-10 shape has not canopy top, only sides, so I need to create a top so I can added the darkened canopy graphics.
12. Build the new stealthy F-15 from the improved F-15E/K shape. Should be very easy, just have to cant the tail planes outward.
13. Improve the A-5 shape with high rez skins and build the MiG-19 shape out of it.
14. Add a high rez skin to the C-5 shape and correct the nose error. Right now the default shape has the very low old overlay camo skin and needs to be upgraded.
15. Add a high rez skin to the C-130 and delete the non skinned polygon near the nose on the starboard side.
16. Complete the refueling boom skin and polygons on the new KC-10 and the improved (re-engined) KC-135.
17. Complete the new smaller MiG-15 and MiG-15UTI shape from the default MiG-17 and reskin it, as well as reskin the MiG-17 shapes to elimnate mirrored panels.
18. Complete the reskinning of the A-37 and the HAWK to eliminate mirroring and added detailed skins.
19. Create a new shape and detailed skin for the Hughes 500 Helicopter that both the North and the South fly. Probably create the shape from the default Gazelle helo and reshape it and reskin it.
20. Go over all shapes an remove the ingame insigna polygons, and instead make sure that the shapes that can, have detailed insignia added the skins instead. The default way the game adds these roundels is terrible as they "float" above the aircraft shape and look totally unrealeastic.

The weekend foloowing the completition of the above work I have weapons changes to make.

Mainly, ditch some the AMRAAM versions and instead implement other new weapons like the HARM II and the CBU-97 Sensor Fused Weapon (SFW) and a long range ramjet version of the R-77. I also have to complete the new Hellfire Shapes and ground shadow and make other detailed ground shadows for the remaining weapons in FAF. So far about 70% of these new shadow shapes have been completed...

Then the following weekend I will have to complete the new ship shapes and high rez skins. I have a new shape for the Kuznetsov nearly completed with a realeastic island and radar mast system, as well as the ski launch bow.

I have to also finish all the north korean ships and patrol vessels, as these are all about 75% finished...

*** - As I mentioned at the top, I am sure there is more that needs to be completed, and I will add to this list after I accomplish the work above...

CAG out...
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by CAG Hotshot on Sun Jan 31 2:02:07 2010; edited 2 times in total
PostFri Aug 14 23:31:50 2009
CAG Hotshot

Ok, I have completed some new vehicles this weekend...

So far I have...

1. New MLRS vehicle that has an elevated, offset, launcher for realeastic bombardment.

2. New M109A6 Paladin 155mm Artillery with turret and cannon, all in one shape (not the previous combined shape that had the vehicle dissappear at night, showing only the cannon). This is very good timing as the US Mil in SK just received new M106A6 Paladins on May 7th of this year!

3. New M992 Armored Ammuntion Vehicle for reloading the M109A6 Paladin.

4. New M577 Command Vehicle (part of the M113 Vehicle Family)

5. M88 Armored Recovery Vehicle based off the M60 tank.

6. Improved M548 Cargo Vehicle (already in FAF Korea, just improved the shape and skin).

I will post screenshots of the actual vehicles once the FTP server is working again on the site. Right now its down for repair... Confused

Later today I will also begin work on the Stryker Vehicles (including the antitank missle version and the tank gun vehicle...

The Buffalo...

And the up-armored HUMVEE...

FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostSun Aug 16 17:35:27 2009
CAG Hotshot

See this thread for further updates...

http://www.vnfawing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30766#30766
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostWed May 22 22:43:17 2013
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    VNFAWING.com Forum Index -> FAF General Support Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: