Return to VNFAWING.com Website Return to Main Forum Index PageReturn to VNFAWING.com Website
:: Forum Index :: Zephyrnet Forums :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Groups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Training

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VNFAWING.com Forum Index -> Digital Combat Simulator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Centurian

Developer
 

Rank: Developer

Joined: 14 Aug 2004

Posts: 1741

Post subject: Training Reply with quote
Personally I have a lot of DCS sims and I can tell you I have no clue how to use them all - it doesn't help I don't play but shhh.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuXjkFY00p1ga3UyCBbR2w

That being said I find myself watching Grim Reapers' channel a lot because they offer a PLETHORA of training videos that are simple, easy to follow, and well narrated.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZuXjkFY00p1ga3UyCBbR2w/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=5

Here is a direct to the playlists.
PostSun Sep 5 9:18:15 2021
View user's profile Send private message
CAG Hotshot

Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster
 

Rank: Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster

Joined: 12 Aug 2004

Posts: 16246

Post subject: Reply with quote
That is good to know! I have many modules as well but have not yet flown them. Never seem to have any time these days to learn! Kind of stupid after spending all those bucks!
_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
Forum Administrator
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





PostSun Sep 5 15:01:18 2021
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Centurian

Developer
 

Rank: Developer

Joined: 14 Aug 2004

Posts: 1741

Post subject: Reply with quote
CAG Hotshot wrote:
That is good to know! I have many modules as well but have not yet flown them. Never seem to have any time these days to learn! Kind of stupid after spending all those bucks!


And the learning curve is steep so if you aren't flying a lot you're going to be falling behind the curve, that much I discovered really fast. I feel like I need to go to flight school to learn these games. Just setting up the joystick alone could take hours.
PostSun Sep 5 23:54:12 2021
View user's profile Send private message
usnraptor

Developer
 

Rank: Developer

Joined: 21 Jan 2008

Posts: 50

Post subject: Reply with quote
ForsakenOutlaw wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:
That is good to know! I have many modules as well but have not yet flown them. Never seem to have any time these days to learn! Kind of stupid after spending all those bucks!


And the learning curve is steep so if you aren't flying a lot you're going to be falling behind the curve, that much I discovered really fast. I feel like I need to go to flight school to learn these games....


I felt this way when trying to learn Jane's F/A-18. I never did get good at it.
PostMon Sep 6 8:00:44 2021
View user's profile Send private message
CAG Hotshot

Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster
 

Rank: Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster

Joined: 12 Aug 2004

Posts: 16246

Post subject: Reply with quote
usnraptor wrote:
ForsakenOutlaw wrote:
CAG Hotshot wrote:
That is good to know! I have many modules as well but have not yet flown them. Never seem to have any time these days to learn! Kind of stupid after spending all those bucks!


And the learning curve is steep so if you aren't flying a lot you're going to be falling behind the curve, that much I discovered really fast. I feel like I need to go to flight school to learn these games....


I felt this way when trying to learn Jane's F/A-18. I never did get good at it.


Jane's F/A-18 Super Hornet was child's play compared to the high fidelity modules in DCS...

I was on Team Super Hornet working on those upgrades that kept that sim alive for so many years...
_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
Forum Administrator
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





PostMon Sep 6 18:06:23 2021
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Centurian

Developer
 

Rank: Developer

Joined: 14 Aug 2004

Posts: 1741

Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought myself a Saitek X56 because the T.Flight HOTAS X just lacked the necessary buttons that DCS requires. Starting with the F-16 module "in depth" because of all of those years playing Falcon 4. Some of it is starting to come back to me a little, it's just a matter of learning the new sequences and button presses on DCS. Falcon 4 had some "easy mode" stuff really when it came to flipping weapons whereas in DCS it's full on sim level.
PostWed Feb 2 7:47:05 2022
View user's profile Send private message
CAG Hotshot

Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster
 

Rank: Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster

Joined: 12 Aug 2004

Posts: 16246

Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a new force sensing stick for the F-16 for DCS that doesn't move and only senses the amount of force put against it to completely simulate the way the F-16 operates.

I think its a bit expensive... I don't have the F-16 module. I fly Falcon 4 BMS instead for F-16 opps...
_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
Forum Administrator
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





PostWed Feb 2 23:26:45 2022
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Centurian

Developer
 

Rank: Developer

Joined: 14 Aug 2004

Posts: 1741

Post subject: Reply with quote
They have a sale right now but it's still $55 I think for DCS F-16. I'm not anti that price but I think it might get onto better sales in the future. Some people directed me to buy the Thrustmaster Warthog but that's $550 for the stick and then because it doesn't have rudder twist another $250 for pedals. So you can see why I bought the X56 at $240.
PostThu Feb 3 15:04:50 2022
View user's profile Send private message
CAG Hotshot

Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster
 

Rank: Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster

Joined: 12 Aug 2004

Posts: 16246

Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes those prices are pure rip off...
_________________
CAG Hotshot
"FAF Shape Meister"
Forum Administrator
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





PostWed Feb 9 6:47:18 2022
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VNFAWING.com Forum Index -> Digital Combat Simulator All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics
You can reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls




VNFAWING Flight Sim Development Center,Inc. - VNFAWING.com ™

Powered by phpBB © 2001 - phpBB Group